Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The last days of Criag are winding down to the end.

Bobby and I have been crazy busy learning more and more of mom's care. I won't get into too much detail about that because I know you all want to know how mom is doing. Last Thursday when Bobby and I went to Montrose, mom passed out in the standing chair on Friday the day we were coming back to Denver. The next day she did really good but I was happy we were not here because we both would have freaked out. She has been doing really good on her tests and her movements have been coming back more and more, but still very slow. My patience has been tested during these passed 4 months. I have really been taught the meaning of patience. We live in a world were most things are instant and the body healing from a spinal cord injury is not one of them. As the old sane goes Rome was not built in a day and that is exactly what this is like.

Where do we go from here? We will stay in the Craig apartments for a week till mom's manual wheelchair comes in. After that an extended stay hotel until we find a place or home if we find it earlier. I know it's crazy that we have not found a place yet but we feel it's more important to learn mom's care then find a place. For what is more important learning something that could save my mom's life in an emergency or finding a place to live? We will get to it when we get to it. No need to panic! Hold on till the crazy ride is over.

2 comments:

  1. So are you staying in Colorado then? I'm glad that your mom's movements are coming back...patience is definitely the key and I think you have shown amazing patience and courage - you and your mom!!! Lots of love, Ashley Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah we are all staying in CO. Thank you for all you have done. We hope to make it to MI soon but who knows where life is going to take us. love you xoxo
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete