Thursday, November 5, 2009

Long time no thoughts to write.

Everything has been very busy. We had problems with home health and we have just recently gotten that all taken care of. I am so thankful that Bobby and I learned mom's care because if we didn't we would have been in deep trouble. We were taking care of mom all on our own for about 2 weeks and I have a new found appreciation for what aids and tecs do. I am happy I have learned much from them and I am happy that I don't have their job. I would lose my mind but that's just me and I have different talents then they do.

I read something from a good book. The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. Matthew 6:22-23

The Pastor explained more about what this meant and it really has made me think. I have read over and over again that you are a product of your mind. You will go to where ever your mind takes you. If you see yourself getting horrible in health you will have bad health. If you see yourself as healthy and happy; one will be happy and healthy. If you see yourself as successful you will be successful. The only thing that could ever hold anyone back is their mind. Our minds are an amazing gift; it will fight for whatever you let it obsess over, either good or bad. Your body will follow your mind and heart and will work hard for what the mind truly wants. I have also read many amazing stories about how histories of disease run in peoples family and they escape the dicease because they put their mind to work for them. The mind is either a bullet for suicide or an avenue to the greatness of the world.

Another thing I have seen is how my mom's mind has helped her. She progresses all the time and it's literally a miracle slowly coming alive right in front of my eyes. She is using her feet to help her move her body when she is in bed and transferring on the slide board, and her body is getting more movable all the time. One thing she is one of the most positive people I know. She tells me I will walk, I will overcome this wheelchair if it's the last thing I do.

I remember all the hard times I have had in my life. Sometimes it seems as if nothing will ever get better. I had recently heard a talk from another pastor and it was about trials. At times in need we feel God is far away but in reality he is right there, next to us, comforting us, and telling us it will be OK, the trials will pass. I almost cried because I have felt him close to me. I ask for his comfort and it feels like he is right next to me telling me it's going to be OK, and I feel his warmth all around me like a blanket on a cold night. I have been calm, sometimes a little crazy but calm during this whole thing because he has comforted me. He has reassured me that mom will be OK. I have dreamed numerous times that just randomly out of nowhere she just walks right into the room, and me and Bobby just look at each other like what just happened? I know that if we put faith in the Lord he will lead us out of anything that is hurting us. Take the hand off the throttle and let the Lord drive! He knows our destination far better then we do and will take us there. He has a purpose for us and we must all follow our dreams; don't hold back! That is one thing I also wanted to mention about our eyes as being a lamp. Our eyes will take us to our future and our dreams, and our subconscious mind will take us to where ever we let the cruise control take us.

Thank you all very much for reading! I didn't realize how many really read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment