Sunday, July 26, 2009

I've been extreamly busy!

Some have wondered why I haven't wrote in a while on, and I'm sorry but I'm just busy. Bobby had surgery on his shoulder on Thursday and I have been helping taking care of him and mom. Bobby is doing good, his surgery was a success and now he is just healing from it all. Two holes were placed in the front of his shoulder and one in the back of his shoulder. He only has three small holes and I think it's amazing what surgeons can do these days. One hole was for the camera and the other two were for the equipment to come in and put his shoulder back together. He has three anchors to keep his shoulder together and when his shoulder heals and the tissues, mussels, and cartilage form around his shoulder the anchors will dissolve. Bobby is sore, feels sick to his stomach sometimes and has been sleeping a lot, but hey he is doing great compared to other people who have had shoulder surgery. Mom is doing great too she can feed herself, brush her teeth, comb her hair, drink out of cups, can tell temperature on her hands, and still has her competitive edge. What I mean by competitive edge? My mom, I and many others played line soccer in wheelchairs and mom was on my team. That was the first time I had to pretend that I was handicapped and two of the people picked on me for it lol. One was stabbing me in the belly with a plastic thing (no blood was drawn :D) and one desperately trying to keep me from getting the ball in the basket. Mom was asked if she was an athlete and said no, then two minutes later yelled at me to wake up when she through the ball to me and I wasn't paying attention. It was so much fun and it brought back so many memories with my mom and I when we would play games together. I will try to write back soon but I am not making any promises. ttyl Love you all and hope to get back to writing more progress soon.

Mercedes

3 comments:

  1. You definitely have been busy! I'm glad your brother's surgery went so well and that he is recovering okay. I think the sickness to his stomach should pass soon. Sounds like fun playing with your mom in that game...I think she is an athlete since she was always such a faithful runner!! I will be visiting you guys sometime next week...any day better than another?? I need your email so we can try to coordinate something...mine is chilena59@gmail.com
    Lots of love...can't wait to see you all soon! Love, Ashley Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercedes,
    We watch faithfully to hear how you mom is doing. We are so glad you are doing the blog. What great news you share! We are so happy to hear all the good news. We send our love, Lynn and Loretta Harbertson

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah me too ok umm just text me or something my cell is 1-970-260-9949.

    ReplyDelete