Thursday, July 2, 2009

progress is still coming along

So much has been going on this week. Mom is progressing everyday. She has gone two sizes down in her trach and has an attachment on her trach, for the ability to talk. Her blood count rose from 9.0 to 9.7 and she does not need a blood transfusion, anymore. She was placed in a power wheelchair and has been driving really well. She has run over me and one of the nurses and ran into the wall backwords a couple of times but she is good. She has a shirt that says walk faster or I will run you over and on the back it says if you can read this I just ran you over, lol no she doesn't but I thought is was funny to say, all credit goes to Bobby. Her lungs are getting cleared up. She has been having a problem swallowing some foods but they predict she will be eating and drinking in the next couple weeks or so. Luquid is not going into her lungs it's just her swollowing mecanisims are not working just right. I would expain more but that MRI camera thing was gross and I just don't really like looking at stuff like that. It looked like a wierd heart movement thingy and when I see a heart out in plain sight and no body it makes me want to puke. She is doing great and she is up and optimistic all the time. She loves her classes. She has occupational, physical, and speech classes. It is ensane how people in wheelchairs do ordinary tasks everyday.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about the progress!! Is she expected to try to walk any time in the future? Is she able to move her legs at all?? You and your mom are such amazing women full of strength. Thank you for sharing this journey with us! Lots of love!! Ashley Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your mom is progressing. We're still praying for her here!! :) Funny story about the wheelchair and sweatshirt. That's cute. I agree with Ashley, thanks for the updates!! Love, Tammy Gantt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am too! :D Mom is wanting to walk in the future and she is trying her hardest to get to that point but its the bodies will to actully do it. Mom has lots of spazims and we are told they don't really mean anything but I think they do. We will just see what happens. You are all welcome. Thank you all for reading. Love you all! Mercedes

    ReplyDelete