Sunday, June 28, 2009

An outline of the past two days

For the record, I want to clear up one issue. There has been a little bit of a stir about if mom can eat or drink solids and if all the tests she has been taking, the water is going into her lungs. That is false. About two weeks ago mom took a swallow evaluation and didn't pass, but all the tests she has been taking have been a success, and no blue die ink water has gotten into her lungs. So basically she can drink liquids, but her throat still needs to develop to what it used to be. Mom was off the ventilator for 7 hours today. Bobby and I have been learning how to suction out moms lungs properly. I tried my first time today with mom. It went well but I still have to have supervision for two more times. She was in the wheelchair yesterday for the first time. She is doing really good, she just is tired, and honestly I do not blame her. Mom will start rehabilation classes tomorrow and we are all extreamly excited. Sorry it took a couple of days but we have had an excited and draining time. Thank you all for the prayers! God bless and love you all!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope the rehab classes start well today. Do they think she will be able to get out soon? I'm so glad she was able to be off the ventilator for so long! Lots of love, Ashley Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did really good. Her first day was tiring but later on in the week she was all energized all day. Mom will maybe be in Criag for 3 and a 1/2 months. I am happy about that too! Thank you! Love you!

    Love,
    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete