Sunday, June 21, 2009

The crazy things that happen.

Bobby, Zk, Jamie, Anthony, the rest of Jamie's family, and I were hanging out by the fire pit. I saw Jamie rushing over to all of us with the phone in her hand. My first thought was, "oh great what happened? Is mom worse then she was before we left?" A smile lit up Jamies face as she put the phone on speaker phone and placed it on the stone of the fire pit. (the fire was put out so don't think she put it on the fire) The nurse started speaking and all of us got a joy inside our hearts. The darkness was whithering away and a little light of hope shined down on us. The news the nurse gave us was awesome and I will explain what the nurse told us. My mom moved her legs up, move her left hand, and the rest of her limbs. She is not an E on the Asia spinal cord injury level, but I know in time she will be. An E level is the level that most of us are in; it just means we have no spinal injuries and one can move all of their body parts. Through this experience so far, I have realized how many things we take for granted. We always worry about the silly things, when someone out there is paralized and their life has completely changed. Just think about it how hard would it be to realize one day you could be a vegtable, or never walk again, or not even be able to use your arms, fingers, or wrists again? The miricle has just began and I have aways known that my mom was going to get through this. I felt it in my gut and I know my mom. She is a warrior and she will get through this.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that we are reading and praying hard for all of you. Thank you for keeping us updated. Please let Rhonda know that we love her and are praying hard!
    XOXO
    Jon and Randi Roatcap (SLC, UT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME news!!! Your mom truly is a fighter and it is so great to hear that she is making progress. Lots of love! Love, Ashley Kent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will let mom know and thank you Jon and Randi!
    Yeppers Ashley! Love you all!

    Love mercedes

    ReplyDelete