Thursday, July 9, 2009

A miracle in the making

For a while mom has been having spasms going through her legs like crazy, so every time mom moves anything on the lower part of her body we usually think its not really a big deal. Tonight when we went to see mom, she wanted to show us something. She told us to look at her right foot, so we did. Her right foot moved under her control, she did it again and again under her control. It's hard for her to do but she can do it when she concentrates really hard. Mom has had an exhausting day. She learned how to brush her teeth, flip pages in a book, write a little, wash her faced, and she loved every minute of leaning all those things again. She also got a little pampering, a facial and a manicure, while she listened to a band play. I guess she was singing along with them and everything. Bobby and I wanted to leave her to socialize and get to know people better, so we were not there to see her while she got pampered and had fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, Hooray!!! I'm so glad to hear that she has moved her legs under her own control! I had no idea she had to relearn to do all those everyday routines! What a trooper! I'm hoping to see you all in three weeks when I am in CO visiting family...let me know if you need anything from MI! Lots of love, Ashley Kent : chilena59@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm super excited! I didn't know you had family in CO. If I can think of anything I will tell you but I can't think of anything right now. Thank you! Love you all.

    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete